Friday, January 1, 2010

Punchneedle Fun With Dimensions Holiday Friends Ornaments Kit #73244 and Dimensions Santa's Presents Kit #73410



I just love BRIGHT, COLORFUL creations like the punchneedle cubes that I made in the picture above. I made them this spring and summer with the hopes of giving them away as Christmas presents this year.

However, as with everything I make, I fell in love with them and my selfish side took over and decided not to give all of them away. Maybe I'll hold on to them for a little while and them give them away next year. Who knows?

I didn't keep all of them.  I did give the blue Santa in the left top cube and the turquoise blue Santa in the middle cube on the bottom row away.   My twin grandsons will get to enjoy them now.  Actually, it's my daughter-in-law who will really enjoy them.  She just loves handmade crafts.



Four of the punchneedle cubes were made based upon a Dimensions Holiday Friends Ornaments Kit #73244 and the blue Santa with the presents was made based upon a Dimensions Santa's Presents Kit #73410 kit.

Dimensions Holiday Friends Ornaments Punch Needle Kit was easy to follow and had diagrams and numbered key codes for the DMC floss.  The kit included reverse pre-printed fabric, DMC floss, and pattern with instructions as well as punch needle tips.  The design was printed on the reverse side of the fabric and you work on the reverse side when punching to create the image on the front side.

The pattern and kit was for creating four ornaments stuffed and with felt backing that would hang by a silver wire.  I decided to make mine as little sponge painted shadow boxes that could be placed just about anywhere.

Here's the results: 







Dimensions Santa's Presents Kit #73410 was easy to follow and had diagrams and numbered key codes for the DMC floss.  The kit included reverse pre-printed fabric, DMC floss, and pattern with instructions as well as punch needle tips.  The design was printed on the reverse side of the fabric and you work on the reverse side when punching to create the image on the front side.

The pattern and kit was for creating a 6" x 6" framed picture with the fabric serving as the picture mat.    I decided to make mine as little sponge painted shadow box that could be placed just about anywhere.



I hope you like my BRIGHT, COLORFUL punchneedle cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment