Monday, January 4, 2010

"Santa Ornaments" Mary Engelbreit #85310 Plaid From Bucilla



Besides all the punchneedle and cross-stitch shadowbox presents I created for Christmas 2009 I decided to create some wool felt ornaments and bought several wool felt kits to do so.

One of the wool felt ornaments kits I bought was Mary Engelbreit Santa Ornaments Felt Appliqué Kit (6-1/4" x 5") - Set Of 6. The "Santa Ornaments kit contained pre-printed felt, cotton floss, needles, beads abd embellishments,  and instructions to make six hand felted Santa ornaments.

What I loved about the pre-printed felt pieces was that each was sequentially numbered and this number was stamped on the felt pieces where it was to be sewn. So you could easily follow from the sequentially numbered pattern piece to the stamped felt piece it was to be sewn to and to the instructions.

The instructions were multi-lingual and were easy to follow. They also contained pictorial diagrams for creating the various stitched that were to be used to create the ornaments. The ornaments were completely handsewn.

Here's my results:







I decided to keep one set of the three Santa's and give the other set to my daughter-in-law for her Christmas tree. 



3 comments:

  1. Would you still happen to have the instructions to this kit? I have the kit, and in a move, I've managed to lose the instructions. Would you be willing to send them to me via pdf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Annie: I'm sorry I don't have them anymore. I made this decades ago and probably threw them away when I was finished. I don't know what Bucilla's policy is with regards to this but perhaps if you contact them they might have a solution for you. Good luck.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your response. I did contact Bucilla and they don't keep out of print instructions past a year and a half. I've had this kit for years, and finished one of the Santas, and have instructions for the third one, but not the second one. I'll keep searching.

      Delete