Saturday, May 2, 2020

My New Victorian Books Toile Designs We Love Books Category


There is no doubt that I love dolls, the Victorian Era, history, and books.


So, it should come as no surprise that I would spend hours on end removing backgrounds from some of the Harper's Young People Illustrations Book from 1889 to see if I could create stickers and scrap-booking paper to use for some of my mixed media projects.  I have a few book related mixed media projects in mind and thought the graphics would be perfect for this use.


As you might recall from a previous Linda's Blog post some of the mixed media projects I created this past summer were mixed media items that required quite a bit of old book papers for collage purposes.  So much so I ran out of the book pages.



Well, in looking around the house I found an old Harper's Young People Illustrations Book from 1889 that was in poor condition and with some of the pages already missing.

I did't know where this book came from and who it belonged to.  Most of the old books I have belonged to my great Aunt Flossie but I didn't think this was one of hers.  The time-frame was right but the book wasn't signed with her name - which she always did on the inside of the front cover.

In looking at the book in poor shape and missing some of the pages I thought it still might be perfect for collage purposes so I started to tear some of the pages out.  I didn't tear too many out because right away I found myself looking at some of the beautiful black and white illustrations that were contained within the book.

They were enchanting: illustrations of Victorian children, Victorian girls with dolls, Victorian families, holiday and seasonal illustrations and more.  I couldn't help but admire the artistic capabilities of the artists who had drawn them back in 1888 to 1889.

So, while tearing out the pages I started to set some that I really liked aside. Needless to say I wound up with a large pile I wanted to keep.  That still left me with a large pile to collage with so I was happy.

Contained within the book were many illustrations of Victorian girls, books, and dolls.  Well, as you know, I love graphics of girls and dolls so, for sure, I would be using these for collage purposes.


Well, in looking at some of the illustrations I thought they would be perfect for a new "Victorian Books Toile Design" of custom fabric designs.

After removing the background from the illustrations I decided to collage them into a Victorian Toile Design as I have always loved these fabric designs and wanted to create some of my own.

When I was satisfied with the design I decided to create brown, blue, black/white, and burgundy colorized versions of this design as I wanted  a Victorian authentic look.  Victorian Toile Designs are usually some sort of scene depicting a rural scene, usually involving animals and people.

However, I decided to make my "Victorian Toile Design" a collage of book related illustrations and then to colorize them.  I was really happy with my design and knew it would be perfect for creating crafts related home decor decorations.  If you're someone who loves to craft like I do I hope you like my new fabric designs.

Shown below are the four colorized designs for the new "Victorian Books Toile Design" category.





Each of the four colors is filled with all sorts of wonderful designs for creating all sorts of home decor.


 Victorian Books Blue Toile Fabric Design

 Victorian Books Brown Toile Fabric Design

Victorian Books Burgundy Toile Fabric Design

Victorian Books Black & White Toile Fabric Design

Victorian Books Blue Toile Fabric Design

Victorian Books Toile Brown Fabric Design

Victorian Books Toile Burgundy Fabric Design

Victorian Books Toile Black & White Fabric Design

 Victorian Books Toile Blue Fabrics Collection

 Victorian Books Toile Brown Fabrics Collection

 Victorian Books Toile Burgundy Fabric Design

Victorian Books Toile Black & White Fabrics Collection 
 

I hope you like my new "Victorian Books Toile" custom fabric designs.

© 2004-2020 Copyright Linda Walsh Originals - Designs By Linda Walsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment