Saturday, February 12, 2011

You'll Never Believe What I've Started


You would think that after I had spent 250 hours creating my M'Lady's Chateau - Dimensions Gold Collection Cross-Stitch Kit that I would give cross-stitching a rest. Au contraire! Not at all. Secretly, I think I'm addicted to it. Then again, I get addicted to just about any type of craft I'm doing.


Well, no sooner had I finished my M'Lady's Chateau - Dimensions Gold Collection Cross-Stitch Kit then I decided to start on another Victorian cross-stitch that I had bought last year. This one is Dimensions Gold Collection In Her Garden Counted Cross Stitch Kit: 11x16 and she is a beauty.

I've already clocked 70 hours on her and she is far, far from being finished. In fact, hubby couldn't visualize exactly where I was in the cross-stitch until I had done her face. I have her face, hair, and half her body done, but that's it.

Unlike some of the other cross-stitch kits I've worked on this one is done on an 18 count Aida linen and the stitches are very, very small. So, it's going to take awhile.

I'll keep you all informed and, of course, will show you how she looks when she's finished.

She's a beauty - even if it will take me all year to do her.


No comments:

Post a Comment