Wednesday, February 5, 2020

For The Love Of Couture Dresses Made Out of Books and Paper

I just love perusing Pinterest and looking at all the beautiful couture dress creations from all the very talented designers out there.

In doing so I found pictures of the most beautiful couture dresses made by French fashion designer Sylvie Facon.  They were made out of book spines and book pages and were incredibly beautiful.

So, of course, after seeing these I thought how unique they were and wondered if there were any other unique dresses out there made of book spines, book pages, newspaper, paper, toilet paper and  book related custom fabric images.  And, to my delight there were lots of them.

It seems there has been a craze the last few years with fashion designers and students of fashion design to make clothing out of these items.  It also seems like museums, bookstores and libraries like to display historic fashions, ordinary fashions, and couture fashion designs made out of paper in their institutions.

I was delighted.  So, of course, I had to set-up a Books and Paper Dresses Pinterest board for all the wonderful creations I found.  I hope you enjoy my Books and Paper Dresses Pinterest board.


No comments:

Post a Comment